Who are we
Article Nine Ltd. is a fire safety consultancy company formed in mid 2018. The company has a single director who is also an IFE Registered Fire Risk Assessor (Nigel Day).
Fire safety is something that must be taken seriously by all organisations, no matter if you are a small or large business undertaking. We can help you if you are not sure what to do. Our experienced and qualified fire safety adviser can help you by ensuring that your protective and preventative fire safety measures are appropriate and where necessary, train and educate your people in the application of them so that they can be used to maintain their safety. We provide:
- Fire risk assessments
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Theoretical fire safety training
- Fire evacuation drill training, actual and simulated
- Training in the use of equipment provided for the evacuation of disabled people
- Representative liaison services between your organisation and Local Authority Building Control/Fire and Rescue Service at times of new/converted building application and fire safety inspection / audit
Fire safety is our passion, talk to us now.
IFE Registered Fire Risk Assessor
Nigel Day is registered as Fire Risk Assessors
(Life Safety Stream) with the Institution of Fire Engineers.
Our Reg IFE Registered Fire Risk Assessor is Nigel Day GIFireE. He spent seven years working for North Wales Fire & Rescue Service from 2010 to 2017 for five of thoses years, the role was that of Business Fire Safety Compliance Officer, auditing a range of businesses to measure compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. In 2017 he was recognised by North Wales Fire & Rescue Services with an award for Outstanding Contribution to Business Fire Safety.
Qualifications and Awards
- IFE Registered Risk Fire Assessor.
- Graduate Member – The Institution of Fire Engineers.
- IQ Level 4 Certificate in Fire Safety (Fire Auditors) (QCF).
- XACT Consultancy and Training Limited – Auditing Complex Premises.
- XACT Consultancy and Training Limited – Principles of Fire Safety.
- XACT Consultancy and Training Limited – Checking sprinkler design submissions comply with BS 9251:2014.
- XACT Consultancy and Training Limited – Regulated and Licensed Venues NOS:FS9: Review safety measures at locations that are regulated and/or licensed.
- XACT BS 9251: Assess Sprinkler Systems.
- IHEEM Wales – Fire Compartmentation in Healthcare Workshop.
- NEBOSH – National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (Distinction).
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management.
- NEBOSH Fire Safety Practical Application.