Intermediate Fire Safety Training
The Intermediate Level course is designed for people with a Basic Level of understanding of fire safety in their place of work, who may have some specific responsibility in the event of a fire and wish to improve their knowledge of fire safety. The agenda contains the following elements:
- Fire statistics from H M Government
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire risk assessment
- The ‘Responsible Person’
- Article 9 – an overview
- FRA Action Plan – whose responsibility is it?
- The five classes of fire and means to extinguish them
- Conduction, Convection and Radiation
- Emergency Evacuation Procedure for fire marshal / fire warden
- Proactive and Reactive roles
- Fire compartmentation – how to combat the spread of fire
- Passive and Active fire safety systems
- Fire safety quiz to measure level of learning
Each course attendee will receive a certificate of attendance incorporating the course details, that is valid for two years.
Our courses will be delivered at your place of work.